HBKU Press& Art Omi: 2024 Writers Residency
Are you an aspiring writer with dreams of escaping to picturesque retreats to hone your craft? Uninterrupted by the pressures and distractions of daily life, a creative space for you to simply focus on your writing, and nothing else?
Then we’ve got some great news! Due to popular demand, we are now extending the deadline to March 9, 2024.
Hamad Bin Khalifa University Press and Art Omi are continuing their collaboration to select one aspiring Arab writer to participate in the HBKU Press & Art Omi: 2024 Writers Residency held in Ghent, New York.
The chosen writer will attend the month-long retreat for an opportunity to use dedicated time and space to write and create at the Art Omi residences.
Surrounded by spectacular natural views and other creative writing peers, they will connect with literary talents from all over the world as well as international editors, publishers, and industry professionals.
- This opportunity is open to all fiction and non-fiction writers, though preference is given to mid-career writers. This opportunity is not a research grant and those pursuing scholarly research writing need not apply.
- Applicants must have an intermediate grasp of the English language, as the residency and its workshops are all in English.
- Application, Statement of Purpose, and CV must be submitted in English.
The creative writing sample can be submitted in either English or Arabic.
- Applicants must agree to all terms and conditions outlined before submission.
- Only complete applications submitted on or before March 9, 2024, will be considered.
The resident will be able to choose from one of Art Omi’s following program dates:
o May 8-29
o September 5 - October 2
o October 10 - November 6
- Statement of Purpose must be written in English and be between 500 words (minimum) and 1,000 words (maximum).
- Creative Writing Sample may be written in either English or Arabic, and must be between 2,000 words (minimum) and 5,000 words (maximum).
For more information, and to apply
The deadline for applications is 11:59 PM on March 9, 2024. Good luck!